Waterfalls Sales & Lettings want to give you the best property experience possible. There are some instances where we need to collect personal information in order to carry out our service to you, and to provide an excellent quality service. This privacy statement aims to give you a clear view of how we use your personal information that you provide, our dedication to protecting it, and your rights and your options to control your personal information and to protect your privacy.
Who collects your personal information:
Waterfalls Sales & Lettings is a trading name for the following businesses: Waterfalls Residential Sales, Waterfalls Residential Lettings Ltd, and Waterfalls Sales & Lettings West Byfleet Ltd.
How we collect information from you:
We collect information from you in many ways, and we’ve listed them here.
• In person – either in our offices situated in Woking, Surrey, or West Byfleet, Surrey, or on the telephone.
• By an email enquiry direct from our website, or from one of the property portals we advertise on (Rightmove, Zoopla, Primelocation).
• Caller ID, when you contact one of our branches, your telephone number is displayed on our telephone system.
• Your social media identifier when you interact with us on Facebook or Twitter.
How we use information collected from you:
• To contact you about properties for sale or rent (as appropriate)
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us;
• To provide you with information about other services that we offer
• To send you monthly newsletters, if you have opted in to receive them
• To notify you about changes to our services
• To verify your identity
• To provide customer support
• To comply with the requirements imposed by law or any court order
• To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our services
• As part of our efforts to prevent or detect fraud
Disclosure of your information:
We may share your information with selected third parties including but not limited to:
• Suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or with you;
• Milton Independent Financial Advisors (only when you have consented for us to do so)
We may disclose your information to third parties:
• In the event that we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets.
• If Waterfalls Sales & Lettings or any business contained therein are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets;
Retaining your personal information:
• We are required by tax law to keep your information where you have transacted with us (bought, sold, let or rented) for a minimum of 6 years.
• If you have not transacted with us we will keep your information for 5 years from the last interaction, unless you ask us to delete your personal information. In such a case, Waterfalls will aim to delete your personal information within a maximum period of one month from the date of the request.
Where we have obtained your consent in relation to any matter concerning your personal information (eg your consent to receiving direct marketing messages or your consent to the placement of cookies on your device) you can withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details set out below or changing your cookie settings.
Opting out and unsubscribing from marketing messages:
All our marketing communications contain an easy way to opt out from receiving future messages, such as a link through which you can unsubscribe. You may also opt out for particular channels (for example email) as indicated in the message received in such channel or by telephoning or emailing our offices.
If you would like to opt out of receiving Waterfalls marketing messages to you, you may use the unsubscribe link contained in the message you have received, or you can contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please be aware that these have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before submitting information to these websites.